Steph, Steph, STEPHANIE!!

Steph, Steph, STEPHANIE!!
A bad day at the beach beats your best day at work - Always!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Vernal Equinox of 2011

Spring. It's sprung.  My grass is green, thank to daily deposits of fertilizer from my pack of 4 legged friends and a whole lot of rain!  Today I am wearing Spring colored clothing.  I vowed today not to put my hair back in a ponytail (that lasted till 1:45 p.m!) and to look more feminine. In my line of work black is the standard.  Black shirts, black pants, black shoes and the dark circles under my eyes complete the whole black look.  I started to wonder, as I decided to do this blog, at influences that are part of my day and my mood. And I looked at "black".  The color itself, if you close your eyes and visualize a black crayon, is solid.  Thick.  All ecompassing.  I used to think of the color black when I was trying to sleep, in an effort to make my mind stop racing, sometimes it worked, but usually not.  What I've deduced on this first day of Spring 2011 is that more light needs to enter my life. Lightness in color choice is a start.

I'm moving to beige.

No comments:

Post a Comment