Steph, Steph, STEPHANIE!!

Steph, Steph, STEPHANIE!!
A bad day at the beach beats your best day at work - Always!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Things that make you go "hmmmmmmmmmmm"?

Remember the Arsenio Hall show?  I do. I miss looking forward to a laugh.  Not just your ordinary laugh, but a deep belly laugh that made your cheeks hurt and your sides ache.  Painful laughing--it's almost an oxymoron!  I'd get my household chores done, as many kids tucked in bed as possible, settling back with something to drink and a blanket to just get lost in the funny.  There needs to be more funny in my life.  It's not that my life isn't a comedy of errors, or that if I didn't laugh, I truly would be crying non stop, it's that I miss that "ah ha" moment when some sort of funny magic happens.  The OMG, I didn't know anyone else thought that way and as my friend Nikol often says "holy mother of pearl" (that's actually freaking HILARIOUS)!  The cares and worries of the day fell away, the build up to the "ah ha" moment headed for the cresendo and you were left with an uplifted mood that lasted quite a while.  Better yet, the late night show shared on those rare occassions with a good friend who totally "got it" as well - a shared moment of hilarity. I remember Arsenio's collection of jackets - a new one each show.  And I remember he too would be slapping his knee laughing his ass off at whatever witty, truly funny, thing that made him go "hmmmmmmmmmm".  And me too.  I'm missing the thing that makes me go "hmmmmmmmmmmm".

No comments:

Post a Comment