Steph, Steph, STEPHANIE!!

Steph, Steph, STEPHANIE!!
A bad day at the beach beats your best day at work - Always!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

I've been thinking...

That we could work it out.  Sara Evans just sang a song about letting go.  I have to let go.  I want to do it with as much grace as possible, so praying for grace would be a good start.  I'm not sure that I do anything helpful these days with regards to my children.  NEVER have I had such moments of self doubt as I do now.  I know the difference between right and wrong, where my kids are concerned I am such a hypocrite.  They do things that are wrong, and I'm afraid to let them fall, mostly because the fall is so hard, and the hole so deep.
 "My family experienced the trauma, drama, decline of what is good, and general malaise, that addiction brings."  D. Krochta (The Addict's Mom)
It seems that lessons learned by one generation continue to elude the generations of today.  They make the same mistakes, fall harder and faster, than the generation before. So I'm done thinking that we can work it out.  I just have to let them work it out.  Hold my breath while they dive into the big, black, hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment